Katyboo and Home Office Mum both sent me a meme, which involves telling people ten honest things about yourself. I am, if nothing else, an honest person, however I take no responsibility for facts that I may omit in the name of my personal dignity.
- I have two middle names, both hideous. Actually, all of my names are rather awful but since, in real life and in my internetty travels, I go by the name of Ali then there is no need for anyone to suffer at the sound of them. In fact, one friend had known me for about five years when she first heard someone use my full name, and had to ask me who it was.
- I have four tattoos. I love three of them. The first one I got when I was 17, which was illegal. Naughty me. The only one I do not like is one I got myself when celebrating having separated from my first husband. I will have to get it done over, it is one of those Japanese calligraphy jobbies, how original.
- My tongue is pierced. Many more parts of me were pierced, now there is just my tongue and my ears. Although, I do believe I can still get a ring in my nose, I wore one for so long.
- I was a vegetarian for around 9 years and still struggle philosophically with not being one. I’m not going to go into detail about this one as it is something I am working through at the moment. I’ll let you know if I reach any conclusions.
- I love the band Electric Light Orchestra, most devotedly. It is very sad, but there you have it. When we were living in London, my friend emailed me a youtube clip of ‘Last Train to London’ and it made me cry. Yes, sad.
- I have never plucked my eyebrows. They grow very sparsely and I am afraid I will fuck it up and will be left with permanently mishapen eyebrows. I have a friend who has a single line of hairs, I don’t think it would suit me. Also, I sneeze whenever I try.
- I am addicted to dark chocolate. Really dark so that it almost turns your mouth inside out with the bitterness.
- I am very clumsy, I injure myself all the time. Beefcake has tried to ban me from using knives (and scissors) but found it pointless as I only came up with new ways to injure myself.
- I am afraid of boats, which is problematic as Beefcake adores them.
- My vision is deteriorating. Beefcake finds this hilarious and delights in finding me holding items at arms length so that I can read labels properly.