Katyboo, a blogger who I admire tremendously because she is clever and witty, and a person who is a lovely friend, has given me this award:
This is the description:
“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”
Thank you Katyboo. It is very nice. It’s a lovely award to recieve.
Okay, so, I am supposed to give it to eight people.
First, Tinsenpup. She is a very talented writer and I love to read her blog. Quite apart from that, she always magically appears in the blogosphere, just when I think she might be gone forever (or maybe that she was a figment of my imagination) and never fails to lift my spirits or give me a laugh. I heart her.
Next, Magic Marker Mom. She and I are kindred spirits in many ways. We have so much in common and I am so enjoying getting to know her and forming a friendship. She is ace.
Badness and I also share many things in common. One of my first ever commenters, she is another one who always pops up in and makes me smile. She is so creative and talented, she inspires me to be more creative myself.
Fe. She is always ready with wise and supportive words when I need them. She is honest and open and I felt an instant affinity with her when I started reading her blog.
It is at this point that I will admit to being a bit spent in terms of gathering together bloggy friends to award. I have “met” lots of cool people this way but this post is turning into a gargantuan mega award post (see below) and I might have to stop there to avoid going potty.
Now, apparently I am an eejit. I was given an award by Tinsenpup um, quite some time ago. Which I appreciated, because it is a very nice award, and was very excited about and then promptly forgot. She hasn’t taken offence and still comes and comments here, which is a testament to what a good friend Tinsenpup is.
This award comes with the following rules:
1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post..
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.
Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well. To add the award to your post, simply right-click, save image, then “add image” it in your post as a picture so your winners can save it as well. To add it to your sidebar, add the “picture” widget. Also, don’t forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog.
Five Fabulous Blogs
- This may seem a bit predictable of me but Katyboo‘s is without a doubt one of my most favouritest blogs. She is hilarious and clever. Her blog is always a good read. Quite frankly she could write a compare and contrast of toothpick brands and it would be entertaining. I will admit that she is my blogging hero, just a little bit.
- More to Life Than Laundry. This blog is included simply because it is such an amazing thing to be doing – this woman is going off and following her dreams and I think it’s a pretty fabulous idea to do it and to blog it.
Five Fabulous Addictions
- I am currently hving a bit of an addiction to the American show ‘Big Love’. It is about Mormon polygamy. It is my television crack. I am making Beefcake download the episodes for me after each one airs in the U.S. (shhh).
- Dark chocolate. Darker than dark – 85% cocoa, divine. You only need to eat a tiny bit to get a huge chocolate hit.
- The Grub. She is nine-months-old today. She has been standing and cruising the furniture for the last few weeks. She claps her hands and says ‘yay’. She dances when she hears music, even someone just singing. I have had two other children walk before ten months. Realistically, I only have a few more weeks before she will be a toddler and not my baby any more. She is our last. I am spending even more time than usual drinking in the baby deliciousness. It will be soon replaced with toddler yumminess.
- I have been a touch obsessed with The Cloth Nappy Hunt lately. I have been having to divide my internet time between my beloved blogs and that. It is hard not to obsess about. I am determined to get all of the sites.
- Umm, blogging? Reading blogs, commenting on blogs. I love it.
Seriously, there are more bloggers and blogs that I should add to this post but I have been beavering away at it for days now and I am close to a breakdown if this post is not completed. I reserve the right to add people/blogs to this post as the mood strikes or when/if I am feeling less like it’s all too hard. (Yes, I know, poor me. My life is hard isn’t it?)